This is the recipe I have made a few times over the last few weeks. The brand of peanut butter and the quality of the meat used really make a huge difference. I have adapted this from the South Beach Diet book with my own flair.
Peanut Butter Stew Ingredients
|2 tbsp peanut oil||2 cups hot water|
|1 large white onion||1 tsp chipoltle pepper powder|
|2 pounds round sd cut into 1 1/2 in pieces|| 2 bay leaves|
montreal steak seasoning
|1/2 cups creamy unsweetened natural peanut butter||salt|
|1 1/2 cups cold water||ground pepper|
|1/3 cup double-strength tomato concentrate (Italian tube)|
Instructions for Peanut Butter Stew1. Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add steak and cook stirring occasionally until meat is brown on all sides, season with montreal steak seasoning
3.In a small bowl combine peanut butter with cold water, then pour it over the meat.
4. Dilute tomato concentrate with hot water and pour over meat. Stir thoroughly
5. Add chipotle powder, bay leaves and salt and pepper.
6. Reduce heat to low and cover.
7. Cook for one hour stir occasionally.
8.Remove bay leaves and Serve Hot